What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to surveys and/or competitions
- We will only require you to supply personal information that is necessary to supply the service or carry out the transaction you have requested, and we will label this with an asterisk (*). Other information requested, without an asterisk, will be optional.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service.
DCH New Homes may also use your information to contact you for research purposes if you have advised that you are happy for us to do so. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail, depending on the preference you have given.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the information that is marked with an asterisk (*), and only supply this essential information, leaving optional fields blank
- if you have previously agreed to us contacting you for customer surveying or resident involvement purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
You may request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998, this is known as a subject access request. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please write to DCH, enclosing the required £10 fee and giving us details of the data you are after. Please note that some proof of identification may be required when making the request and DCH will then have 40 calendar days in which to respond.
Please send your request to the Group Data Protection Officer, DCH, The Quay, Plymouth Road, Tavistock, Devon, PL19 8AB.
This site uses Google Analytics to allow us to track how popular our site is and to record visitor trends over time. Google Analytics uses a cookie to help track which pages are accessed. The cookie contains no personally-identifiable information, but it does use your computer’s IP address to determine where in the world you are accessing the site from and to track your page visits within the site.
Third-party content within our sites
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.